Saturday, June 15, 2013

Ultrasound # 2

Yesterday was my second ultrasound.  Roger had to work so I had to go by myself.  For whatever reason the doctor was way behind so I had to sit in the waiting room for an hour.  I was the only women in there not pregnant.  Every single women that walked by had a baby belly.  I hid my face in a magazine for the entire hour as to not get discouraged.


Anyways, when the doctor finally came in he asked if I was ready for my fluid ultrasound.  I was confused and told him i didn't think that was what I was there for.  He reminded me that the week before he thought he saw a polyp in my uterus( because the lining was so thick, and there was a small mass in the middle).  I didn't think it was a polyp because I tend to have very heavy periods with clotting.  Anyways I told him I had started my period( very late) and that I thought we should just try the normal ultrasound first and see what everything looked like.  He agreed and was pleasantly surprised with what he found.

My uterus had thinned out and was 12mm.  There was no polyp and no mass inside of it either.  I think the doctor was surprised, but I wasn't.

Follicle Count
I had 12 follicles on the right ovary and 10 on the left!!!!!!! Thank God. I was so excited.  Last time he told me between 12 and 15( although like I said before he was really rushing).  I have been praying for over 20 eggs at retrieval, so having 22+ follicles was extremely exciting!!! 

I have been feeling all those follicles growing the past couple of days.  I am sure the Menupor and Follistim are aiding in these sharp pains.  I feel pressure and my whole abdominal area is tender!  I'm getting super excited!

Injections
Tonight I have to do Follistim and Menupor, one after the other.  My goal is to not spill any of the Menupor on the table, it's expensive :)

Monday I have another ultrasound and E2, but this time it will actually be with Dr. Ahlering because he will be in town for mine and others cycles. 

Trigger Time
The countdown is on, I should be triggered by this Thursday or Friday and my egg retrieval will then be 2 days later! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment