Wednesday, June 26, 2013

3 Day Update!!

We waited all day yesterday for our 3 day update.  I literally opened my eyes and the first thing I thought was about how all our embryos were developing.  We had 11 fertilize and our hope was that we would have several healthy embryos for biopsy.  After a very long day and dealing with our nerves I finally heard from Mary.

Here is what she said:

* The Dr biopsied 10 of the 11 fertilized.  That means that those 10 were on target at day 3( between 7-9 cells) and were growing very nicely!!!!  One cell from each of the embryos was sent off to Reprogenetics overnight.

As I write this they are being genetically (PGD) tested in NJ as the embryos continue to grow and develop here in Tulsa.


We will hear late tonight or first thing in the morning about the results ( day 5) and then discuss when my transfer will be, either tomorrow afternoon or Friday( Day 6 transfer).  I am trying to be active today since I will be layed up over the next few days.

After the retrieval it is complete bedrest for 24 hours, but in talking to other IVFers I have decided 2-3 days of bed rest is even better.  I want those sweet little embryos to nestle in and implant!!!

A few days ago I joined the Yahoo balanced translocation group.  It is an awesome way to talk with others who have/are going through similar things as us.  Usually I feel out of place or just alone when talking about 4 miscarriages, grief, frustration etc. with fertility.  This board has over a thousand members who can all relate to me.  Its really comforting.  I wish I found this group 3 years ago.

Movie suggestion:  If you haven't already seen it or even if you have you should watch "Facing the Giants".  I cried through it the other night but really felt like we watched it at the perfect time in this process.  The main message is that "Nothing is impossible with God".  If you really think about those words and not just in a cliche "I've heard that before" sense it is a very powerful message for everyone, especially during stressful, infertile times.

Hoping for the best news ever tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment