Thursday, June 20, 2013

Triggered and ready for Saturday!!!!

The past couple of days have been interesting.  On Monday my estradiol level was 3320 so I assumed I would be triggering on Tuesday and so did my nurse.  Dr. Ahlering decided to let my follicles grow a little more and to coast through Tuesday night, so no trigger.  On Wednesday I went in again and had my blood drawn and had another ultrasound.  They know me by name in this big busy office because I have been in there every day for like 2 weeks..haha!  Anyways I had 30+ follicles and they were measuring up to around 17mm.  They like to trigger and around 18mm.  My estradiol came back over 5000..yikes!  The doctor said I couldn't trigger on Wednesday because I would over or hyperstimulate, so again coasting and taking Ganirelex. 


Today I went in for a blood draw hoping that my level dropped below 4000 and it did-1700.  Got an email saying trigger at exactly 7:00PM tonight.  Not only did I have to trigger but also start the dreaded progesterone in oil shots in the buttocks.Yikes!  After staring at the needle for a good 20 minutes, watching a demo on how to give the shot and walking around with an icepack in my pants, I worked up the courage and did the shot!!!  Not so bad until after, I am really feeling the Intramuscular thing now, so sore!

My egg retrieval is set for Saturday at 9AM!!!  I have to fast the night before and take hydracodine early in the AM on Saturday so I will basically be in lala land by the time we even get to the clinic.

The next week is the part I have been mentally preparing for.  Saturday is retrieval, Sunday we will get a call with a fertilization report, Monday no call(ahhh)  Tuesday is the biopsy to take one cell out to send to Reprogenetics in NJ ( where they perform the PGD), Wednesday I will know how many normal cells/embryos we have ( believing for 3+) and Thursday is my 5 Day Transfer!!!  Big week coming up, I am so excited :)



Thanks for reading, and feel free to share your story as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment