Thursday, June 6, 2013

First Baseline Ultrasound and Estradiol Levels..How many follicles we talking :)???

Today was our first ultrasound to count follicles and see what we are working with for our cycle!  The more follicles the better in IVF.  We want several follicles which will produce several healthy eggs for retrieval!!

We left disappointed for two reasons.  One was that since my period never came( which can be okay during IVF) because of the Lupron and the Birth Control, my uterine lining was a little thick.  Also though it is really good I was disappointed in the AFC( Antrial Follicle Count) we had about 15. Though the doctor was rushing and did the ultrasound in about 30 seconds, I am really hoping the number goes up by our next ultrasound!

Later today my nurse Mary called and let me know that my Estradiol level was 117, which is quite high for CD3( Cycle Day 3).  they like it to be between 50-75.  She said that both the thick lining and the high E2 level were because I had not gotten a period.  They were not concerned and told me they hoped my period would come by Monday June 10th, because that is when I am supposed to start Stims!

I felt so frustrated and have been fighting off negative thoughts all night.  Hoping for my period( for like the first time in 3 years) to come soon.

Here is a pic of my uterus and ovaries!!!  The dark circles are my follicles ( we want lots and lots of those).

No comments:

Post a Comment