Thursday, June 13, 2013

Menupor Injection

As I was laying in bed this morning this whole IVF thing became a reality to me.  I am actually going through with this, giving myself shots, taking pills, resting up, eating healthy and drinking obscene amounts of H2O!  For whatever reason it hadn't truly hit me until today.

Anyways, along with my Lupron 5iu this morning, prenatal pill, Dexamethasone ( to fight infections) and my Follistim this evening i added my Menupor shot !  WOOO, just typing all that was a lot, think about what I feel like inside :)

Injections:
Menupor and Progesterone shots were the ones that "scared" me the most from what I have read online and on several discussion boards.  The Progesterone shots wont start until after the retrieval and possibly the transfer, so I have a little time to mentally prepare myself and Roger for that lovely moment.


Menupor is a tricky shot to get ready( well for first timers like myself).  You have to follow the steps very carefully or you might lose a small amount of the very expensive medication on your table(Uh Umm).  Anywho, it literally took me 25 minutes to prepare everything and double and triple check that I had mixed the dilutant and Menupor together correctly.  Once I had made up my mind that I had, I jabbed it into my belly and watched all the FSH enter my body.

Side Effects Thus Far:
What am I feeling now you might ask?  Well first off , it did sting , but come on, I didn't find it any worse than the other shots so far to be honest.  I am feeling a bit of cramping and back pain and I did have a hot flash after I did the shot.  But in all fairness I have been having several hot flashes a day( ask Roger, the house is a cool 70 degrees :) ).  Other than those anticipated side affects nothing else to report as of late.

Friday:
Tomorrow is the ultrasound to count follicles and check my lining.  I should add that I did start to have my period today, very late.  Nurse said it was okay and that they would see how the lining looked tomorrow.

Encouragement:
Something to encourage myself and others on this journey is a note that was written on the nurses whiteboard where I get my blood drawn. "Gods timing is perfect, He is never late."  This was the first thing I saw after our baseline last week when I was SUPER frustrated that my period hadn't come yet and my uterine lining was to thick.

Gods timing is perfect. That's is the thought I will dwell on as we proceed into the next couple of weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment