Though this update comes a few days late it is great news and I want to share it non the less.
![]() |
| A picture of an expanded blastocyst- amazing! |
After 10 days of waiting for our PGD results. I finally got a message in my patient portal from the embryologist....
We had originally sent 11 expanded blastocysts to the PGD lab.
A PGD lab checks for firstly unbalanced translocations( which is the cause for my previous miscarriages). They also check for missing or additional chromosomes and are of course looking for normal/balanced embryos or babies.
Our results were as follows:
5 came back as have unbalanced translocations :( ( our reason for doing IVF in the first place)
2 came back as missing 1 chromosome
and...drum roll please....4 came back as normal/balanced!!!!!!!!!!!
Such amazing news to read and share!
We are SO excited with this number. I started my Lupron ( to suppress my ovaries) yesterday and I continue to take birth control for a few more days. Once I get my next period I start Estace ( estrogen- the really fun stuff :) ) then shortly after we will have our transfer.
The embryos will be thawed because they are currently frozen as of now. Once thawed the doctor will chose 2 of the 4 to transfer! The remaining 2 will remain frozen until we are ready for our other sweet babies!
7 days later they do a blood test to determine if I am pregnant or not. We of course are so hopeful for positive results :)
More updates as I get a set transfer date!

This is such wonderful news! Dad and I are so happy for both of you!
ReplyDeleteHappy, happy day!!! WOOHOO! This process has been pretty great so far and I am sure it will continue to go the same way! Continued prayers coming your way!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!!!
ReplyDelete