Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Baseline Ultrasound and Cycle Day 3 Hormone Check-- IVF # 2 Here We Come!!!

YES!  Today I went in for my baseline ultrasound to look at my uterus and to do our AFC(counting how many follicles I had).

Firstly, I love this fertility center.  It is so quiet, peaceful and comforting.  It is completely designed for couples just like us.  Children are not allowed in the building which for those of you who struggle with infertility you know how hard it is to sit in a waiting room staring at other babies and kids while you struggle and wait for your own.  The atmosphere is more like being in a spa than in a doctors office!

I got my blood drawn.  They did LH, FSH , and Estradiol.  Plus they did a whole CBC panel.

Follicle Count Time:

The nurse said my uterus looked great and there were no cysts etc! 

*My right ovary had between 6-10 follicles.

*My left ovary showed 15+( she stopped counting after 15).  My left ovary is apparently much bigger than my right :)

Just a few minutes ago I received a message to check my patient portal online. ( I love this because it lists all my appointments, messages, lab results and consents.  I really appreciate organization and finding out results quickly!)  My lab results were posted and all my levels came back good! 

I had a message saying to start my birth control pills today!!!!

I go for a mini lesson on injections tomorrow and find out my dosages etc. I will take.

I start injections February 1st!

My hope has been renewed.  Believing this will work!

 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him" 1 Samuel 1:27–28



2 comments:

  1. It sounds like this doctor has everything under control! I'm saying my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he is very professional and seems really knowledgeable about my case!

    ReplyDelete