Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Consultation for IVF # 2

I feel like I need to back a few steps up and explain how our consultation went and what we decided for our second cycle.

On January 14th Roger and I went in and met Dr. Morris for the first time.  I have read great things about him and seen his very high success rates so I was feeling OK about giving this all a go again because we had a new doctor.

Dr. Morris got right down to it and started to tell me what he would do differently, how my protocol would be almost polar opposite to my first IVF and how he was confident we would get more than 1 normal embryo after the PGD testing.

As we listened to him and he showed us visuals as well as studies with cases very similar to ours we both began to feel more at ease.  When I had the chance and he asked what questions I had I spilled out all the questions I have had since last July when our IVF failed.

Dr. Morris see's others with balanced translocation 1-2 a month over other specialists who see it once or twice a year...this is a HUGE difference and very important to me. Dr. Morris tests day 5 embyros then freezes them immediately after if they are normal and tested as balanced.This means, after my retrieval I will know withen a week how many came back normal and how many are freezing for our next month cycle.

This cycle will be different in that I will NOT have a 5 day transfer.  I will have my retrieval , recover from my huge ovaries then get my period again.  Once my period comes I will start Lupron for a few weeks then we will transfer our healthy embyros!!!!  I will have a less "hostile" environment as Dr. Morris put it because I wont be coming down from all of the injections and hormones.

This was all very good news.  We left feeling confident and hopeful to soon have a positive pregnancy test, hearing the heartbeat for the first time and watching my bump grow bigger every week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment