![]() |
| Acupuncture Needles |
How did it go?
Well at first I started to feel like I was floating ( hard to explain and very strange). After that I literally zonked out and slept for the remaining 30 minutes. It was glorious. I never fall asleep that quickly. It was peaceful and extremely relaxing. I didn't want to leave the serene room once the nurse came in to pull the needles out. Also, much like when you get a massage I woke up with a very dry throat, I must have released toxins too!
I go again tomorrow afternoon for another session, this time on my abdomen. I am excited and so ready for Thursday!
In other news. I had another blood draw today to check my progesterone and estradiol. My progesterone was apparently a little low. The nurse said its because my body is medicated and isn't producing it naturally on its own. Any progesterone in my body is from the Endometrin suppositories. However since they want as perfect as an environment for transfer they also added the awful PIO ( progesterone in oil) shot! I will now add that to my regimen for the next weeks or months.
![]() |
| Icing before and after the PIO shot! |
Firstly, if you have to do this shot I recommend not looking at how big the needles is for to long. It will scare you and make you hesitate :) Secondly, put an icepack in your pants for a good 15-20 minutes before doing the shot, it completely numbs it and you don't feel the needle go in!! In fact, as I write this I still have the icepack numbing my behind...haha! It already aches, but that's okay...it will all be worth it!
Thursday at 12:15 our sweet babies will be nestled into their new home!
![]() |
| Love him and his encouragement everyday :) |



It’s good to know that you had a good first experience in acupuncture. Acupuncture is really helpful in relieving stress, which is just timely for you because of all the things you’ve been going through. I hope that you’re more relaxed now. Anyway, these tips are pretty awesome. And I agree, staring at the long needle for too long will surely discourage anyone to go through the process. So it’s really advisable not to look at it at all. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteKristopher Edwards @ Chiropractic Wellness and Rehabilitation
The sight of the needles can intimidate first-timers. What you need to keep in mind is that these needles are as thin as the human-hair, and you won’t really feel any pain once they’re in your skin. As long as you are under a skilled acupuncturist, who has adequate training and holds a compliance certificate for this practice, this shouldn't be much of a concern. I hope your acupuncture sessions did help with your overall wellness. Have a good day!
ReplyDeleteHannah Holland @ BCA