Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Preparing For IVF-Physically, Mentally and Emotionally

Like many women  I have been researching what types of vitamins, supplements, foods and beverages are healthy and crucial before diving into pregnancy or in our case IVF.  I get asked what types of things I have taken and what I recommend...so here goes!



I highly recommend a prenatal vitamin every day with food.  Along with my prenatal vitamin I take a 400mg pill of Folic Acid.  Last time I had my levels checked they said I had a superb amount to conceive and carry a baby, so that is why I am so keen on Folic Acid.  Folic Acid is also extremely important for the babies growth and development and something so simple can prevent issues such as Spinabifida.

Royal Jelly is my new friend in a jar.  Pictured below Royal Jelly is basically what the queen bee eats and uses to create thousands of healthy eggs every day.  It is a superfood complex and in my research seems to be beneficial in the pre stages of IVF and or conception.  I take one teaspoon every day followed by a big glass of water( it tastes awful to me).
                                                                                   

Drinking plenty of water is critical for anyone on any given day.  Drinking water is a natural cleanser and  also very important during the stimming stage and beyond with IVF.  You should drink at least half your body weight in ounces every day.  While I was going through our first IVF I would by the gallons of water so that I could monitor how much I was drinking.  Sometimes it seems excessive, but it is very important :)

I drink a green smoothie almost every day.  I make them simple and tasty.  Here is my recipe:

1 Cup Fresh Spinach
1 Whole sliced Green Apple
1 Whole Pear
1 handful green grapes
about half a cup of water

*Adding ice could be good, but I like them cool not icy. 

I blend and drink right away :)

Sleeping is always a great healthy way to rejuvenate and regroup mentally, physically and emotionally.  I am still working on getting enough sleep every night!

Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment